Welcome to Waverley Homechoice, where you can search and apply for council and housing association properties available for rent in Waverley.
We advertise properties from midnight Wednesday to midnight Sunday each week. This is known as the bidding cycle.
If you are on our housing register, you can bid for properties during these days.
Bids are ranked according to your priority on the housing register. It makes no difference when you choose to bid within the bidding cycle.
Following the end of each bidding cycle we review the bidding lists. After verification checks, we contact the successful applicant to offer a viewing of the property s/he has bid on.
Not on the housing register?
To see if you are eligible to join the housing register please go to Housing Register.
Christmas 2019 update:
The bidding cycle will run from midnight Wednesday 18 December 2019 through to midnight on Sunday 5 January 2020.
Happy Christmas and New Year from everyone in the Homehoice and Housing Options Team
Important information for applicants:
1. Please be aware that when we advertise properties they are usually still occupied by the current tenant. Photographs will not always be of the actual property and are for guidance purposes only. If you decide to go to the particular road in which properties are advertised, please respect the privacy of tenants. The Council reserves the right to overlook bids from applicants who do not respect the privacy of our tenants or the tenants of our housing association partners. Thank you for your co-operation.
2. Please think carefully about the property that you are bidding for. Is it in an area you will move to? Can you see yourself living there?
3. Please ensure that we have your current telephone number and that your telephone takes incoming calls.
4. Remember: If your bid is successful you will be invited to view the property within office hours and this can be at short notice. It is likely that you will be given less than 2 weeks notice to move.
5. Offers will not be made, or will be withdrawn, if you have rent arrears in a private rented, Council or Housing Association tenancy, owe Council Tax or if you have other unpaid housing related debts with the Council or other social landlord.
From September 2014, the Council replaced existing secure (lifetime) tenancies with introductory and flexible tenancies for new tenants, with the exception of older people moving into senior living accommodation.This was approved by Full Council on 23 April 2013.
Introductory tenancies run for the first 12 months of occupation. They are effectively a trial period, before automatically becoming flexible tenancies, unless proceedings have commenced to end the tenancy.
Flexible tenancies are expected to last for five years but can be renewed for further five year periods if the tenant still needs social housing and their present home meets the requirements of the household. The expectation is that the majority of tenancies will be renewed, unless the tenants' circumstances have changed.
If circumstances have changed, tenants may be asked to move to another more suitable home, for example, if a single person is living in a family-sized home.The reasons why a new tenancy may not be re-issued are explained in the Tenancy Policy. Reviews will be carried out 6-9 months before a tenancy is due to end, so the tenants will have plenty of notice and time to get help and advice.
The introduction of introductory and flexible tenancies will not affect existing tenants who currently hold a secure (lifetime) tenancy.
The Waverley Homechoice website is packed with useful information to help you find a suitable home. You can use this website to:
If you would like help to use Waverley Homechoice please contact our Homechoice helpline on 01483 523019.
Click How to Contact Us for contact details and opening hours.
For information about the privacy notice relating to the assessment and the processing your housing application information, including retention timescales, please refer to the Housing Options website:
If you are interested in Shared Ownership in Waverley you will need to register with the Help To Buy Agent, BPHA using the following link and contact details:
Tel: 03333 214044
If you are already a Council or housing association tenant and are interested in swapping your home (known as a mutual exchange), please visit Homeswapper for more information about how to register online.
Some information on this site is in PDF format (Portable Document Format) To view these documents you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.